SPARTANBURG, S.C – News2 reports:
A 1-year-old child has been left with serious burns in Spartanburg after officials say an 18-year-old woman is accused of dipping the baby in hot water.
Police tell us Latirrani Harris was babysitting in April when the incident happened.
When the child’s mother got home, she noticed blistering on the 1-year-old’s buttocks. Harris allegedly told her that the baby had a chemical burn caused during a bath using vapor soap.
Doctors later said the child had second-degree non-chemical burns that will likely require plastic surgery.
Because Harris was the only one with the baby at the time, she was charged with unlawful neglect.
She has since been released on bond.
Click like if you are against child abuse