While on MSNBC the Democratic Lawmaker, Jackie Speier, tried to argue that the Taliban are not terrorists, in defense of the recent prisoner swap. For some reason if you do not know who Taliban are, here are five reasons why they actually are defined as terrorists. According to the IJ Review:
The State Department defines terrorism as premeditated politically motivated violence. Speier could not be further from the truth about the Taliban not being terrorists, and here our five reasons why.
- In 1998, they killed an estimated 4,000 – 6,000 Hazara Afghans in an ethnic cleansing campaign.
- They provided Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden with safe haven after 9/11
- They engage in acts of terrorism against government targets.
- The Taliban has ties with several organizations that are designated terror groups by the State Dept.
- They are not a legitimate government recognized by two or more states.
Click like if you know the taliban are terrorists